I am currently running Windows Vista Servicepack1 amd I am using C-Free4.1 compiler.
plz check the C code...

# include <stdio.h>
# include <windows.h>
# include <winreg.h>
main()
{
	HKEY hkey;
	RegOpenKeyExA(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,"SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Run",0,KEY_ALL_ACCESS,&hkey);
	RegSetValueExA(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,"Testing",0,REG_SZ,"HELLO",5)	;
	RegCloseKey(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE);
}

Plz help me with this code or suggest me some good codes in C for registry editing in vista. when I am compiling it i am getting no errors and no warnings. but in registry I can't find the value "Testing". plz help me in registry programming... thanks in advance ......

may be you should try checking your user account control settings in control panel and turn it off

when I am compiling it i am getting no errors and no warnings. but in registry I can't find the value

It doesn't matter if it compiles OK or not. Your problem is at runtime.
You must check the return codes of the library functions you call, because C does not throw exceptions per se when a function fails as in Java, Python, etc.
Also study the doc.s of functions you call, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724875%28v=VS.85%29.aspx

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.