int b;
int c;

cin >> a;
cin >> b;
c = a+b;

cout << c;

return 0; 

}

I am trying to create an "addition machine". As of now, after I run the program, I can input a number and then another number, and it gives me the sum. If I input 10 and a 12, it automatically adds it up to 22. The problem is that I can't do more than 1 sum like that. I want to make it go continuously. I want it so I can input 10 and 12 and get 22 and input 15 to get 37 and 13 to get 50. I want it to terminate when I type in 0 or something not a letter. My problems with these type of programs are:

1. I don't know how to make them continue after 1 input.
2. I don't know how to choose when they terminate.

I am very knew at programming, and I need help. If you choose to, you can give me examples of the same concept, so I can apply the knowledge to this. The problem is I never did anything near this and my textbook doesn't even show how to make the input thing continue.

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

Well, simplest way for that you could create another integer called sum. Then you may create a loop and each time ask for input, place a condition to terminate:

while( (choice != 'N') && (choice != 'n') )
     {
         cout << "\nENTER NUMBER: ";
         cin  >> a;
         sum += a;
         cout << "\nSUM IS NOW: " << sum;
         cout << "\n\nADD MORE (Y/N): ";
         cin >> choice;
     }
Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

Well, simplest way for that you could create another integer called sum. Then you may create a loop and each time ask for input, place a condition to terminate:

while( (choice != 'N') && (choice != 'n') )
     {
         cout << "\nENTER NUMBER: ";
         cin  >> a;
         sum += a;
         cout << "\nSUM IS NOW: " << sum;
         cout << "\n\nADD MORE (Y/N): ";
         cin >> choice;
     }
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.