RonRad 0 Newbie Poster

Had visual web developer 2008 installed and was instructed to download and install SP1 all kinds of problems and now can't install at all. machine is running Vista Home Premium. I am baffled and have used these products for several years now.

Here is a list of the errors and hassles

Tried to download and install SP1 but when nearly done an error came up stating that a previous example of VWDE had been detected so the installation was aborted. Tried several times and several fixes with no result except wasted time.

Uninstalled the existing version of VWDE and attempted to download and install VWDE with SP1 and SQL Server Express 2008. After an hour or so an error appeared telling me the existing version was still in the way.

Then, I went through the machine and REMOVED EVERY INSTANCE AND FILE having to do with VWDE.

Tried to download and install VWDE 2008 and was instructed to download SP1 first. I was able to download and install that successfully.

Tried to download and install VWDE 2008 with SQL Server Express. The download and install is incomplete. VWDE did install but only shows the Source view. There are no buttons at the bottom for Design or Split.

SQL Server DID NOT install, so cannot create databases within a web project.

Tried installing Sql Server 2005 Express – INSTALL FAILED – instructed to download and install sqlcli_x64.msi and reinstall ss2005 Express.

Download sqlcli_64.msi and ran it. FAILED stated that a higher version already exists on the machine.

Any ideas would be great, now people are suggesting I have to reformat my hard drive.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.