I have 3 okta apps setup.

Okta app for backend
Okta spa app
Okta web app
The Okta spa app is able to use the access token it got and pass to Okta app for backend and the token is validated. However, the Okta web app access token when passed to Okta app for backend, could not be validated, thus token is not valid.

Anyone know the proper setup for the Okta web app so where its access token can be validated against the Okta app for backend?

I’m going to assume you’re using Auth0. Although I don’t have any Okta experience personally, the DaniWeb API is Oauth2 based, so I’m going to assume they work in a similar way.

If I’m understanding you properly, you’re looking to use an access token across both an SPA app and a separate web app? Is there somewhere in settings where you need to specify what callback URLs are valid?

Are you getting any JSON-based errors? Is it just a generic message that the token could not be validated?

Sorry I can’t offer more assistance at the moment. I’m on my phone now, but if I have a chance I’ll do some research from the computer later.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.