Hey Folks,

I installed windows vista home upgrade and want to go back to the XP Pro that I was using before. I tried to reinstall XP Pro, but when I insterrt the disk, the option to reinstall XP Pro is greyed out...any idea how I can reinstall XP Pro?

Thanks in advance!

according to someone in my IT class, when you upgrade to vista it wipes out your XP key, so it's not valid... meaning you can't re-install it :-\

Hey Folks,

I installed windows vista home upgrade and want to go back to the XP Pro that I was using before. I tried to reinstall XP Pro, but when I insterrt the disk, the option to reinstall XP Pro is greyed out...any idea how I can reinstall XP Pro?

Thanks in advance!

hi ,i would go to my motherboard manufacturers site and get hard drive utility program ,[maxtors is called maxblast it will work with segate also..]most have them ,boot computer with it and format the drive ,then reload winxp

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.