I found out my laptop is Fujitsu P series model: P1120

I go into Device Manger. and I find that SoftwareModem As a big yellow question mark. I try to install it right then and there, but it says it can't. I tried to connect my laptop with a wire to my computer, But it doesn't connect?
is there a way i can tell if it is getting connect at all?
The plugin in the laptop may be messed up.

But so I go to
http://www.pc-ap.fujitsu.com/support/drv_lb_p1120.html

and download the folders for

Fujitsu Lucent Technologies Soft Modem AMR Driver (build-in)
windows 2000
Realtek RTL8139 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter (Build-in)
windows 2000
Intersil Wireless Lan Driver
windows 2000

just to make sure i got all of them.

Then using an external memory thing. I put the folder on that and moved them to my laptop. From that I ran all the setups and installed every driver.

The drivers I installed does that have anything to do with the SoftwareModem in device manger?

It looks as though you've got the right drivers (Soft ModemAMR).
How did you go about the install, and what were the results, especially error messages?
I see the driver file has a setup.exe-did you use that?

The install went fine. No errors or anything. Didn't really think I need any drivers cause it worked fine before. But just thought, I switched computers. My other computer that the laptop was always connected to is now connect to this computer using a wire. This computer is now the computer with the modem, rouder (sorry I can't think of how to spell that word, its 6:30 in the morning:zzz: ) etc...

But I'm gonna mess around with the connections on this computer later and see if I can get it to work...

Any Tips? I never connected it to a computer, it was always my brother that did that but he is kinda unreachable right now :(

Thanks,

night.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.