Hi there
Im trying to create a form that users fill out, when they hit the submit button, the details are sent to me directly so that i can have an idea of who is using this feature and subsequently register them.
What is the code for this?
I have tried a few things, but some dont work and other times it trys to open up my defualt e mail client, i dont want this, i just want the details to be sent to me with the details

for that you need to use server side scripting.
after submission form will be sent to server, from there a mail will be generated to you.

ok ja I now realise that.
I think im going to just get the user to fill out the forms, the details will be captured and showed in a structured way and the user can print that and fax it to me.
My code for this doesnt want to work>??????????

Just want the username for now so that i can get this thing working, will concerntrate on the finer details later.
Im not a pro at this please advise me what to do........

<html>

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<title>First Name</title>
</head>

<body>

<form name="input" action="show details.htm" method="post">
Username: 
<input type="text" name="user">
<input type="submit" value="Submit">
</form>

</body>

</html>

The easiest way to get it to work, is use FrontPage. Since I can't program (nor do I want to), If I need to make an email form, I'd make it in frontpage. Just make sure your server has frontpage extensions installed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.