While downloading some windows updates, my computer crashed with the message on a blue SCREEN!

about:

kernel32.dll (or something lkek that) error needs to close to save disks

whole bunch of stuff i didnt write down

physical memory being flushed.

ok, then on reboot it couldnt find ANY harddrives and i had two working perfectly before this crash.

One of my disks contains very important information so any help would be vert very appreciated

Alex

While downloading some windows updates, my computer crashed with the message on a blue SCREEN! about: kernel32.dll (or something lkek that) error needs to close to save disks...

Which version of the operating system? Which filesystem on the disks? It sounds like you have a damaged master boot record (MBR) on Drive 0. More information would help.

If all else fails, go somewhere with broadband and download Knoppix (see my sig). Bootable Linux on a CD, it can be used to recover files and keep the long filenames intact (a boot or recovery floppy often won't).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.