Hi, recently, within the last week, my computer has developed a problem where it will suddenly just turn off. I will see a taskbar appear just before saying "Microsoft Visual C+..." and with a couple of seconds the computer switches off. It will happen randomly whilst just browsing the internet but one pattern I have noticed is that it will always happen when I attempt to play World of Warcraft on the computer. It won't happen immediately but within a few minutes once logged into the gameworld.

Thanks for any help.

You may be able to view the error log by going to the event viewer.

Try searching for event viewer. I would tell you how to get there but am using XP at moment.

Thanks very much Xiphos, I had a look in the event viewer and think I found the error.
"Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WMI
Date: 27/04/2009 21:56:59
Event ID: 10
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Daniel-PC
Description:
Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WMI" Guid="{1edeee53-0afe-4609-b846-d8c0b2075b1f}" EventSourceName="WinMgmt" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">10</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-04-27T20:56:59.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>25197</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Daniel-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>//./root/CIMV2</Data>
<Data>SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage &gt; 99</Data>
<Data>0x80041003</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.