I am trying to make my home machine a webserver for a project I am working on. Here is my configuration

Windows XP Professional
Linksys Router

I set up my IIS server 5.1 to listen the default web browser on port 200. I have also tried 1000 8000 9000 2333 etc.... When I type the url http://192.168.1.20:200/index.asp from my computer or any computer inside my network everything works fine and page is served up. When I try to do it outside my network it does not work. PLEASE NOTE I AM USING MY IP that is assigned to me from Optimum Online when I try from the outside. I also use the WAN IP on the inside and it works as well. I have tried everything.

DOES CABLEVISION block all web traffic on any port from home servers?

Am I doing something incorrectly?

I even removed my linksys router from the equation and tried without it. Still nothing.

The error I receive is "Page cannot be displayed"

Is there a log somewhere that would tell me if the request is actually reaching IIS at all?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Anthony

Read my comment in the web dev forums.

I'm going to lock this thread and move your other post to the Networking forum. Please don't double post. Thanks!
- Dani

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.