Hi there,

I'm currently struggerling to come up with a game concept and need some thoughts or ideas.

1)My criterea are that it can't be a graphicle game so needs to be text based or very light on using images.

2)Must be 2D mainly to conincide with point 1

3)my language of choice is going to ether java or c#(with xna)

I'm looking just to imporove my skills and something to make but the problem is i cant think of anything just gone brain dead. I don't mind doing a remake if someone suggests it. or help with someone elses project if they are allready doing something along these lines.

Thanks in advance

If it is going to be text based, why would you use XNA? If you want to do something really awesome, try making a game similar to "Dwarf Fortress". It is basically a game which uses ASCII characters to represent objects instead of images. However, it would be quite complex.

PS. Brain-Storm is no longer a politically correct term, due to the offence that it may cause to those with certain brain complications or learning difficulties.
http://www.eduqna.com/Other/2587-7-other.html

Just letting you know :)

haha yea i did wonder if i should use brain storm or thought shower or mind mapping or what ever its called now.

If i was going to use graphics or add them at a later date i would proberly port the game to xna.

i've heard of dwarf fortress but never played it. is it just a D&D rpg kind of game?

You'd probably be best playing it, as I only saw a friend playing it and had a look on the internet later. But when you run it, don't choose to generate a world. It's good, but it takes ages. Use a pre-made world.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.