Anyone fimilar with VB scripting with Windows Task Scheduler ? I'm hoping someone can create a custom script when my task is executed. At present, my task runs the program, that's all it does.

Depends on what you want to do and if you want logging, etc. Would need more details such as what program are you calling? What is your intended outcome?

A simple example would be to create VBS file with something like:

Call SubToDoSomething()

Sub SubToDoSomething()

On Error Resume Next

'DO SOMETHING

End Sub

Once the VBS file has been created, create a scheduled task and point to that file. Set schedule and you're done.

Provide more details and I can provide a better example(s).
Hope this helps.

I would like the script to execute the program Macrium Backup, with pre-defined settings that I want to use. Fill in specific areas, as in comments with things like Date and Time etc.

I assume then it should have a help guide advising you of those command line parameters?
If not, check there site and should have the required documentation.

I believe Macrium use XML files for configuration settings and you just need to reference the EXE and path to XML config file.

Thanks, I have a list now of the command line parameters to create a VB script within the program, if I should have any difficulity I'll update :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.