hello everyone,
im using php 5.2.6 , apache 2.2.10 and mysql 5 for my server.everything works fine excepts sessions.i have configure the php.ini file for sessions.but still its not working.im using windows platform.can anyone help me to settle this?

Open php.ini file which is usually in c:\php or c:\php5 or in C:\windows

and look for "save_path" and make sure the folder exists.

Here is how my settings look like
session.save_handler = files
session.save_path = "c:/temp"

Thanks for your kind advice.but still its not working.my folder paths are ok.and session files are also creating at "temp" folder when i run a php script.but php scripts can't access to those created files.

i have used,

session_register('myusername');

to create sessions in login page.and i use the following code at the home page to check weather that user is logged in or not.

if(!isset($_SESSION))
header("location:index.php");

i have run this site on a third party server.everything works fine.there for, there should not be any error in this code.i have a doubt about the compatibility of my php version and apache version.do you have any idea about this?or should i install any php extension to enable sessions?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.