hello

I want to execute some queries at specific date with out any action on event(i.e on load, on change). I want the file placed on my server will automatically execute at the first of every month. would you help me????? Its Urgent..

Put the code in a separate php file and run it as a cron job :D

You are right. but i don't know much about corn job and i want to execute a mysql query. how can i do that?

i have a php file containing all the code that i want to execute, how can i apply corn job on it? How can i can concatenate corntab or cornjob with my php file?

Run a if statement using the date() function.

php.net => date() for examples

thanks for help. my file has all executable permissions like 755 and i have linux server but how i can apply corn job on my file. just tell me this in easiest way

thanks for help. my file has all executable permissions like 755 and i have linux server but how i can apply corn job on my file. just tell me this in easiest way

Did you check the link Look here to see how to setup your own crontab ? You can add a line (or cronjob) in crontab file. This crontab file executes the cronjob at the specified time.

yes i have checked this link, and its really helpful and i am 50% near to solution. where the cron file exist? at base directory? or some where else?

hello nav33n
line from your link

login to your shell using ssh.... how can i login to my shell????

oh my problem is solved.... thanks to all for guidance

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.