I had a nice set of useful preferences set up such as code coloring preferences. One day they were just gone. I had not installed anything or done anything to cause it -- to my knowledge.

Now I’ve re-updated many of my Dreamweaver preferences. I would like to save / export the preferences so that if they’re lost again by the system, I can reload them.

I have tried searching for info on how to do this, and anything that seems close is not it. (For example, saving so-called Site Definitions seems to be something completely different.)

If I’m missing something easy and you know of a link where I can find this, I’d appreciate your sharing it with me. Or, if you can explain the procedure, please do that. Thanks! (I have CS5.5.)

This folder, depending on your OS (and username):

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Macromedia\Dreamweaver MX\Configuration

Please note that I found this on the Adobe forum, and I do not use nor know anything about DreamWeaver.

Thank you for the idea, pritaeas. I don't have that path (but I remember its beginning from previous PC's I've had). I currently have Windows 7 Professional.

I'll see if maybe I can convert your idea into something for my OS. If I find it, I'll post it here. Otherwise, everyone will know I still don't know.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.