can anyone help me? why i'm not getting views on quora and what should i do?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Are you asking questions or posting responses there?

I suspect they have some sophisticated algorithm in place to bring quality/popular content to the top and push down unpopular content that doesn't tend to attract a lot of upvotes.

commented: can you explain me how can i do that? posting response? +0
  1. Pay attention to grammar and punctuation.
  2. Write your content so that a twelve-year-old can understand it.
  3. Read.

TL;DR
I don't want to be THAT guy, but I suspect that if your responses on Quora are similar to your post and comment here, it could be that Quora's algorithm is detecting a lack of attention to your grammar and punctuation or your content is difficult to follow and understand. The relevance of your content, as Dani pointed out, could also be a factor.

Writing takes practice. Good writing (or writing well) requires even more practice. And the best writers are avid readers. I suspect that most, if not all, top-notch writers spend more time reading than writing. I am not a good writer, so I really wouldn't know. Of course, the quality of the content you read will have an impact on the quality of your writing.

Finally, you may want to use Grammarly as an aid to assist you in your writing.

Just my two cents. Good luck!

commented: Good answer :) +34
commented: Thanks +0

I, too, faced the same problem a few times. No matter how good my answers were, I could not get sufficient views on them. But then, one day, it knocked me that I was writing intending to get views. Rather the answer should be more focused on resolving the users' issues.

Apart from this, you should also be careful with your word choice. If you are using complex terms that need to be googled, then the interest level of readers automatically diminishes. So, make sure to write simple, grammatically correct sentences.

I hope these suggestions will help you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.