firewalker69 0 Newbie Poster

I have googled the web and searched through these threads and can not seem to find an answer to my dilemma.
I have one of the older Dell Latitude C510-C610 laptops running XP professional 2002 with service pack 2.
I am trying to hook it to my Toshiba 42” HDTV via RGB cable so that I can display the contents of the laptop on my HDTV.
When I hook up the TV I can only get the laptop wallpaper to display on the TV screen.
I have tried to toggle the Fn/F5 keys with no luck
I have gone into the display, settings, where it shows dual monitors in the display. The drop down display has 2 selections to choose from but they are the same title "(Multiple Monitors) on RADEON MOBILITY (Microsoft Corp)" If I select the 2nd one it will allow me to check "Extend my windows desktop onto this monitor", When checked I can see the wallpaper only, no tool bar or icons are displayed.
The "Use this device as the primary monitor" is grayed out and can not be checked when the 2nd multi monitor is selected.
The TV manual indicates the screen resolution should be 1024x768 for best results.
I would like to be able to display the laptop monitor onto the HDTV. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Please let me know if you do.