Hi,

I am using windows-NT workstation. i am not getting the refresh option in menu which we can get by right clicking the empty desktop.but we can refresh by pressing F5, but i want that option.

The one more problem is i am not getting the tool bars on Start bar(which is having the start button, we can place the toolbars lilke quick launch,desk top)
How can i get all these options, and i have already loaded service pack Ver6 on my system.how can i get these options by loading any service pack or any extra patch please suggest me.

for reply
phani

I'm running WinXP, but the method to get the Quick Launch bar on the Start Bar has been the same ever since Windows95.

- Right click on the Start Bar
- Click "Toolbars"
- Click "Quick Launch"

To be honest, I am not sure if NT4 even supports that option, but it is truely time to upgrade the box and the OS if you are still running NT4.

NT4 does support quicklaunch. I used to run NT4 exclusively until recently. But I agree, if you're still running NT4, UPGRADE....

old thread, but just in case anyone comes across this you can solve it by installing the Active Desktop update (available with IE (4.01?) )

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.