My pc shut down yesterday, my brother put in a new system restore check point which hasn't done any good and now I can't get any previous check points to restore my pc the way it was. Lost all my photos music etcs
can any one help me please
Lel xx

Where did you store your photos and music files?

hi there
i had them in a nikon view folder i downloaded it with the camera and my music was in itunes. Itunes comes up but my library is empty
lesley x

In that case if you have not overwritten that folder, you can use some data recovery tools and get it back. Although there is not guarantee of getting 100% data back.

is there anyway of getting a system restore point back or si there other data recovery thing i can use
any help gladly appreciated
cheers lesley x

system restore is ==not== for recovering files and folders. it is there to fix what software did to your drivers & .dll's, etc.

use window's search for pictures and limit it to between certain dates - betcha you'll find your stuff.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.