hello everyone please can someone help me. i am trying to help my school produce a voting system so that we can vote for various things using computers but i am only a beginner at visual basic and keep getting compile errors. i have tried and recently been very stressed at it please please help me. i have tried to attach the excel document but it it is in a format that cannot be uploaded as it is a xls file.But i will be more than happy to send it to anyones email address. at the moment i can just log in without typing a password and the passwords do not even work. can someone please help or correct or give me a better code. also i would like the system to disable the pasword and username if they have been used so people cannot vote again. please can you send this file or a reply to my email address if possible hakanis@homtail.com. thank you very much.

p.s for the altered or new code can you make it so an idiot or begginer like me can undestand what is going on so next time i can do it on my own. thank you everyone.

I'll tell you what, I'm about to send you an e-mail.... I'm going to need the vb source code, and the excel document (I'm not 100% sure what you are trying to accomplish.... are you getting the passwords from an excel document, or are you saving the voted data there?) Anyway, I'll drop you a line right after this, and find out what the situation is.

ok thank you very much but i need your email address so i can send you the system. yes the passowrds are held on an excel sheet.

please give me your email address so i can send you the attachment

i have sent the souce code and the excel document to your email address which i found in your profile:

fiedler231@hotmail.com

thanks for your time.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.