hi all!i have problem to show JPanel in netbean with button here's the code

private void jButton1ActionPerformed(java.awt.event.ActionEvent evt) {//GEN-FIRST:event_jButton1ActionPerformed
        NewJPanel x = new NewJPanel();
        x.setVisible(true);
        javax.swing.GroupLayout jPanel1Layout = new javax.swing.GroupLayout(jPanel1);
        jPanel1.setLayout(jPanel1Layout);
        jPanel1Layout.setHorizontalGroup(
            jPanel1Layout.createParallelGroup(javax.swing.GroupLayout.Alignment.LEADING)
            .addGap(0, 30, Short.MAX_VALUE)
            .addComponent(x)
        );
        jPanel1Layout.setVerticalGroup(
            .addComponent(x)
        );

my question how to show another panel cause but the first show is hidden or destroy cause i have try for show JPanel2 with same container its impinge by JPanel1,like this

private void jButton2ActionPerformed(java.awt.event.ActionEvent evt) {//GEN-FIRST:event_jButton2ActionPerformed
        NewJPanel z = new NewJPanel2();
        z.setVisible(true);
        javax.swing.GroupLayout jPanel1Layout = new javax.swing.GroupLayout(jPanel1);
        jPanel1.setLayout(jPanel1Layout);
        jPanel1Layout.setHorizontalGroup(
            .addComponent(z)
        );
        jPanel1Layout.setVerticalGroup(
            .addComponent(z)
        );

or any better idea for showing JPanel!cause i have 15 button and 15 JPanel for showing in 1 frame!thanks all

Hi
It looks like you have copy pasted your code and forgot to change some of it?
One example is that the vertical alignment should be BASELINE not LEADING.

I do not use Netbeans and have never made this kind of GroupLayout so I will not comment more about your code afraid to give you wrong advise.
I think maybe this tutorial can give you some help: http://weblogs.java.net/blog/tpavek/archive/2006/02/getting_to_know_1.html

One other layout form to use could be a GridbagLayout.
If every panel and button should have exactly the same space in a matrix you can also use an ordinary GridLayout.
Good luck =)

its true i have to paste from generated code!cause its a simply for showing JPanel!that code is container for JPanel i want showing,i mean like this,container(JPanel1),want showing(JPanel2),in a application JPanel2 have parent JPanel1,thanks for referension

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.