Hello DaniWeb community. I haven't been on the site in quite some time - it's so intense now that I almost feel a bit silly for asking a simple question but here goes. I have a personal account set up with Microsoft 365 and all is well for the most part on my Lenovo laptop but, when I try to use the email hyperlinks on webpages, outlook tries to open my old work MS exchange outlook account which has a defunct work email address. Here are some screenshots of the user accounts from the control panel and the perpetual message I receive when I try to remove the account from email list in control panel.

Screenshot_(10).png

Screenshot_(9).png

Problem solved. Eventually I did get outlook to work with my new email address when clicking on an email hyperlink from a webpage, but I was still getting prompted for a windows login using my old work exchange account at the same time. I removed it in Windows Credentials from the user accounts in the Control Panel and rebooted and now all is well!

commented: Good job ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ +16
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.