could someone please just write a qiuck bit of code that loads a wav file into memmory that can be played, and accessed as quickly as possible by pressing just a single key.

ive been trying this for days, all my code is far to slow, and the responce after pressing the key i delayed,

ive been reading msdn on playsound(), using the memory parameteres and am getting nowhere,

just error after error,

please help

Why not use an API to simplify your task which handles all the resource management for you? Look here.

hi, im sorry but ive only being doing c++ for a few months, i would never be able to implement somthing like that, i did look at it though,

Please read our rules, FAQs, and stickies before posting. It saves you the embarrassment of making mistake #1 in asking for freebies.

ok then, could someone maybe show me an example somewhere, where the wav file is loaded into memmory, rather than access from disc each time,

so that i can try to understand

There is as such no 'small example' when it comes to playing music files using C++. The library I suggested to you in my previous post takes away all the tough work from you. If not a library, there is no easy way out. Here is one way but will require a good amount of exprtise.

There is as such no 'small example' when it comes to playing music files using C++. The library I suggested to you in my previous post takes away all the tough work from you. If not a library, there is no easy way out. Here is one way but will require a good amount of exprtise.

but could i not just use the Playsound() function, but using the memmory parameter instead of accessing the file form disc all the time.

i just need a guide or tutorial on how to do this, ive been searching goole for days with no result, and i dont understand the msdn explanation,

hhmmm, looks like im going to have to leave it :'(:'(

you could find source codes that are downloadable and with tutorial pages, like codeproject ...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.