Hi everyone, I am Emmanuel Katto. I'm building a high-traffic web application that requires fast and efficient data retrieval from a relational database. To improve performance, I'm considering implementing a caching layer using Redis. But, I'm not sure about the best approach to design and integrate the caching layer into my application.

Can someone provide guidance on how to choose the right data structures (e.g., hash maps, sets, lists) and caching strategies (e.g., LRU, LFU) for my specific use case?

Thanks!
Emmanuel Katto

Here at DaniWeb, we make heavy use of redis to manage activity streams, live chat, and sessions. How they are implemented is specific to each individual use case. Can you give an example of one of the places in your application that you would like to use Redis? Typically it’s used when retrieving data from the database is too slow, and so storing the data in memory would be faster.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.