hey

what's the differentce between ASP.NET and ASP

i've taken ASP.NET, but is the asp is different!!
or almost same thing?

ASP (Active Server Pages) is the older of the two technologies. ASP uses VBScript or JScript which are interpreted languages.

ASP.NET uses a framework that uses many more langugages (VB, C#, J# ..) and is much more Object Oriented and type safe. and has a cleaner division between client and server code and has built in libraries for some of the latest Internet technlogies such as XML, AJAX and Web Services etc.

I would say ASP and ASP.NET are *very* different in almost every way.

Try out this link. I hope it helps:-/ .
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336565.aspx

ASP (Active Server Pages) is the older of the two technologies. ASP uses VBScript or JScript which are interpreted languages.

ASP.NET uses a framework that uses many more langugages (VB, C#, J# ..) and is much more Object Oriented and type safe. and has a cleaner division between client and server code and has built in libraries for some of the latest Internet technlogies such as XML, AJAX and Web Services etc.

I would say ASP and ASP.NET are *very* different in almost every way.

Yeah, ASP is older, its more like PHP/HTML. ASP.NET is much more like programming with an actuall language such as VB or C#

Yeah, ASP is older, its more like PHP/HTML. ASP.NET is much more like programming with an actuall language such as VB or C#

So PHP and VBScript aren't *actual* languages then! :D

I sense dark taboo hacker undertones......

I meant true OOP languages, with a syntax more lilke you would use for a static application

Ah the three pillars of OOP:

Encapsulation,
Inheritance,
Polymorphism.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.