Hi I am building another website and I am getting an error message when trying to upload images the messages says

An FTP error occured cannot put *****jpeg. Access denied. The file may not exist or there could be a permission problem

I can successfully upload this same image to another website hosted on the same server but just not this site, it doesnt matter what image I use the same message comes up. I can add general text and css files as long as they dont contain images. I have double checked all my settings and all files are where they should be
Any ideas anyone this is driving me nuts lol
TIA Karina

What exactly are the permissions on that directory? If it's a UNIX box of some description you should be able to see what permissions (they'll look a bit like this: -rw-r----) you have in your FTP client (or Dreamweaver, but I've not used Dreamweaver's upload tool for so long...). Failing all of that - check with your web host/system administrator and they should be able to fix it for you.

M.

Make sure you dreamweaver FTP is setup correctly.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.