I am new to this group! I want to introduce myself. I am Andreas Ioannou this is a bio of me (so everyone get to know me better):

I was a technology enthusiast from an early age.
I have a special interest in digital marketing, affiliate marketing, e-commerce platforms, and all kinds of startups as well.
My digital marketing specialties are to use creative growth hacking strategies in order to succeed in any given goal.
I also love all things related to Real Estate because I believe in the potential of creating wealth through Real Estate.
I am the author of the digital marketing book 'Entrepreneur Makeover' and the founder of the online community 'The Entrepreneur Makeover'.
My personal interests are photography, exercise, and traveling.
I already visited many countries and I continue to grow my list of the countries I visit as the years progress.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

What is your take on the current trend to make millions of articles to post across the web using AI tools?

Also, what do you think is the knock on effect on SEO? If you don't do this too, your SEO can suffer as Google has yet to show they can detect such content.

commented: I still didn't use Al content creators I create my content with the traditional handmade way. :) Thank you for your comment. +0

Hi iandreas! It's so nice to have you here and welcome.

Regarding rproffitt's questions, he's been on a mission lately to study everything he can about what's going on with ChatGPT.

Also, what do you think is the knock on effect on SEO? If you don't do this too, your SEO can suffer as Google has yet to show they can detect such content.

rproffitt, why do you think that a site's SEO suffers if it doesn't post millions of AI-based articles? Or am I misunderstanding you?

commented: Thank you Dani! +0

Sorry Dani, my comment is about a recent article about millions of AI generated articles and how it's affecting SEO. Their take was since Google hasn't found a way to detect such the effect is those that are doing this are increasing their SEO rank, not the other way around.

I don't have that article handy and it's not the only one about this.

Yes, that's what's been happening. Low quality blogs and other such publications have discovered an easy way to churn out tons of seemingly fresh, interesting, informative content with perfect grammar, that, at the surface, seems as if they have passed a thorough editorial review process. It's also written so matter-of-factly and definitively that it seems as if the authors have first-hand knowledge of their subject matter and are experts in their field. Therefore, Google is ranking all these pages really high.

This is obviously not good for Google to be ranking all this low quality AI-generated fluff higher in the search results than content truly written by the subject matter experts. That's why Google is scared of AI and have made it against their guidelines to post AI-generated content on your publication. They are pouring so much money into being able to crack what truly is AI-written and what isn't that they'll figure it out eventually, and when they do, all of the sites currently winning from their AI-generated content will be brought back down to earth and those sites that engaged in it potentially blacklisted moving forward. That's true for any black hat SEO ... it's constantly a cat and mouse game, and black hat SEO always works for the short term, and suffers a horrible wrath for the rest of time once discovered.

In the meantime I've noticed that a search using Google rarely gets me what I wanted. I'm better off on Reddit or asking an AI directly.

Google's search results seem to be getting worse if you seek INFORMATION but has improved if you seek a PRODUCT.

I still didn't use Al content creators I create my content with the traditional handmade way. :) Thank you for your comment.

As it should be!! :)

However, I did notice at the bottom of your website you have an affiliate referral link to Jasper AI. This isn't a dig at you or anything, I know Jasper has been really popular lately. I was just wondering if you've had a chance to use it personally and what you think?

Hiiiiii! Nice to meet you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.