We host some page resources, such as fonts, on a different subdomain (e.g. webpages are at www.daniweb.com and resources are at cdn.daniweb.com)

An HTTP header of access-control-allow-origin: * is being sent from all cdn.daniweb.com requests.

When inspecting indexed pages from Google Search Console, from the URL Inspection tool I click on "View Crawled Page" and then the "More Info" tab. It shows me that the majority of page resources (including fonts from cdn.daniweb.com) couldn't be loaded because of "Other error". However, if I click the "Test Live URL" button, all of the resources were able to be loaded.

Is this a CORS issue?

We do have hotlink protection enabled in some places (e.g. post inline image attachments), that at first I thought was causing the issue. However, we don't have any hotlink protection on any files at cdn.daniweb.com.

Here are my general insights:

1. Use a CORS testing tool to help diagnose the issue.
  2. Consult your server-side technology documentation for specific guidance on implementing CORS.
  3. Consider using a third-party CORS library if you're having trouble with your custom implementation.
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.