I have a problem on my laptop, it started last night when I tried to install a program...I can only access Windows Vista Home Basic through safe mode. When it tries to go through normal mode, all I get is a black screen right after it indicates Windows is loading. I never get to see the user and password screen to login to windows. When I am in online in safemore, I can't access any anti-virus websites. I can't even download the "HijackThis" program. If i try to go to any anti-virus website, it redirects me to some spam sites etc. It is VERY annoying!! Any help is appreciated!!

What program were you trying to install? Sounds like this may have caused something.

Hey sonik89-
Jeff here with the Windows Outreach Team. Sorry to hear about your problem. I am not tech support and I do not have a definite answer to your problem, but I came across this thread that discusses a very similar problem and a possible solution is given. Good luck!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070805110644AA68uCg

Jeff
Windows Outreach Team

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.