hi Every one i am having problem in deleting record from textboxes and gridview. i have customer table and booking table. what i want to do is when i click the delete button the customer and its related booking should be deleted. i have written a code which onlt deletes customer but it doesnt delete the related booking in the data gridview.i am also attaching my screen shot to give a better idea. and here is my code. The textboxes contains the customer information and gridview contains booking information.Cust_id is foregin key in booking table. please help.

Private Sub btnDelCus_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnDelCus.Click
Dim i As Integer
i = MsgBox("Are you sure you want to delete the record?", vbYesNo, "Sweat and Shape Gym")
If i = vbYes Then

Dim conn As New SqlClient.SqlConnection
        Dim cmd As New SqlClient.SqlCommand
        Dim Adaptor As New SqlClient.SqlDataAdapter
        Dim dataset As New DataSet

Try
            Dim Con As New SqlConnection("Data Source=SAAD-PC\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=photoshoot;Integrated Security=True")

Con.Open()
            cmd.Connection = Con
            cmd.CommandText = "Delete from Customer where Cust_id = '" & Cust_idTextBox.Text & "'"
            cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()
            MsgBox("Record Deleted!")
            Cust_idTextBox.Text = ""
            LastNameTextBox.Text = ""
            FirstNameTextBox.Text = ""

AddressTextBox.Text = ""

Post_CodeTextBox.Text = ""
            TelephoneTextBox.Text = ""
            Emp_idTextBox.Text = ""
            EmailTextBox.Text = ""

Catch ex As Exception
            MsgBox(ex.Message)
        End Try
        conn.Close()
        Try
            ' ORIG ------------------------------------------------------------
            conn.Open()

cmd = New SqlCommand("select * from Customer", conn)
            Adaptor = New SqlDataAdapter(cmd)
            dataset.Clear()
            Adaptor.Fill(dataset, "NewBookingdataset1")
            NewBookingDataGridView.DataSource = dataset.Tables("customer")
            '---------------------------------------------------------
            conn.Close()

Catch ex As Exception
            MsgBox(ex.Message)
        End Try
        NewBookingDataGridView.Refresh()
    End If
End Sub

If you are deleteing the value from one table, you will have to also delete the value form the second table.

That is the problem . I can delete the values of customer table but i dont know how to delete the information from grid for the booking table.
i get an error "non execute query connection string not been intialized". please help

in this code you are just dealing with customer table , just you should have one thing always in your mind , always first delete the related record then the main records , for example we have a customer name ali , now we also have 3 records in table books , in order to delete ali from the customer we have to delete 3 records of ali from the table books ,now use same code and just change the query and in query just change the name of table , then after execute the query and deleting the records form the table books then delete record of your perticular customer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.