downloaded and attempted to launch VPC. One virtual machinine created but when launched it stayed on DHCP for a long time then generated the message: Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device. I know that one must point to an operating system and that the CD drive is involved but the specifics are cloudy here. Additionally, I do not see how one removes a virtual machine. Looking for good instruction and best practices on this as I have never dealt with virtual machines before. Went back to the download site but could not find any meaningful documentation. Guidance sought

Like a real machine, it has a BIOS where you can do say "Press F2 for setup".
There you should be able to set "boot from CD" - it appears to be trying to boot from the network at the moment.

Within VPC itself (just guessing based on using VMWare and VirtualBox), you should be able to setup VPC to use either your real CD drive, or an ISO image of a CD.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.