Okay, so I'm in need of some career advice, because honestly I'm at a point where I don't really know how to proceed in the future.

Without knowing what opportunities are available for each, would you be happier building the tools, or using them? In both cases you'll need the same core skill set. In my case I found it much more fulfilling to build the tools.

I suppose it depends on what most interests you and what you foresee yourself working on in the future.

Data science lends itself well to working with big data, whether that’s with AI, social media, data collection and interpretation, etc.

It depends on your career goals and interests whether you choose Data Science or Software Engineering. Data Science could be your path if you're passionate about analyzing data and gaining insights. Alternatively, if you like building and maintaining software and solving complex problems, Software Engineering might be for you. Make the right choice by evaluating your strengths and interests.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.